I WIN

Monday, November 09, 2009

Again

November 10, 2009
It's been a while so I will again write. Work has been steady and that is good. This month we did a training with our Monga staff on artificial insemination (AI) of cows, rectal palpations for pregnancy and semen collection. It went really really well. All the staff were very enthusiastic about getting right in there. Now we are working on finding stable local suppliers of semen and other AI consumables (liquid nitrogen, sheaths, gloves, etc...). If we want the project to be sustainable after we are “finished” then we need to make sure the people in the area have access to things we have, up to now, purchased through our larger connections.
On more work related news: I FINISHED MY SALT MINERAL BLOCK MOVIE!!!!!!! I am so so so happy to be done with it. There are more movies yet to start, but with the first one under the belt hopefully the others will go faster. The next one is urea treated straw. I made the music for it today. I am awesome!!
I have also been working on grad school applications this month. That has been a hoot!! I am looking at 3 different programs all having to do with sustainable agriculture. I think I would like to work at home and do some extension type work with sustainable agricultural methods and maybe when I retire go abroad again. We shall see where God leads. I will follow faithfully if not always happily.
There were many farewells this month. Farewells stink and will always stink, but with every farewell there is a hello. A time for everything and so on. So, I remain thankful for the time God has given me with these God's own children.
Well, thats all for now really.
Peace,
Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home