I WIN

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Today

16 December 2006
Hello again
I think things are starting to get worked out and the program is getting rolling. My Sinhala is still terrible. I am able to understand more and more each day, but I don’t like to speak it. Next week in Madampe it will only be Roshan and Gamini translating b/c everyone at the CSU (Colombo office) is very busy…the Ministry of Social Services told all the NGO’s last week that the 2007 year plans are due on the 22nd. THANKS FOR THE EARLY NOTICE MSS. Its ssssthhhuper great the way you give people a whole 2 weeks notice to write a yearly plan and buget… we sort of have most of it done but we have to change it into the right format and breakdown the budget into what we will be spending per village. Yeah for paper work…My favorite.
I am driving now pretty well in the villages and in the Madampe area. Sometimes in traffic I get a bit shaky but it is coming. Next Thursday I have to drive to Colombo. I am really not excited. The traffic is not fun in Colombo and it is well crazy. I am not excited at all. Oh well I have to do it sometime…uggg.
Other than that life is just getting fairly routine…..Oh wait there is one thing…So the rat that I scorched while baking cookies apparently came back to my oven…it ran behind my bookshelves the other day as I was sitting doing work. Shenali and I chased it into the kitchen with brooms. It hid under the stove and we banged at the stove and the oven on and stuck things under the oven…but it was no use. That is until Shenali was getting a drink from the fridge and it ran out again. We eventually got it caught in the back room and after quite a bit of jumping and screaming it eventually ran outside….YEA!!!! Hopefully it will not come back.

1 Comments:

  • ok, not seeing the updates. Where's the report on your time with a fabulous roommate in Nepal and update on your visa situation. waiting with baited breath

    By Blogger Robin's Routes, at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home