I WIN

Monday, April 07, 2008

Hey look!!! not so long this time!!!

April 7, 2008

Ok, not much new today. I am in the Colombo office today. I don’t want to be at work right now…I wish it were the weekend. However, it is only Monday and I have a long way to go, so I might as well deal with it. Hmm, what has happened? The girl that came on out Easter weekend trip that I didn’t know works for the embassy. She has access to the commissary (a store where you can buy American things that you can’t find in Sri Lanka). She got me some brown sugar and baking chocolate and some “add water” pie crust mix. (I have found no suitable substitute for Crisco or lard when making pie crusts.) I made chocolate chunk and spice cutout cookies. My friend Dorothy and her husband had to run some errands that day, so I watched their 3yr old son Mikah. We made the cookies together. I put my “Got Milk” apron on him and tied it all up. It was cute and he liked wiping his hands on it. We then sat together and ate a warm cookie and watched Thomas the Train Engine. I was really tired and almost fell asleep b/c some friends and I had gone to this embassy party the evening before and were dancing up a storm!!! The music was VERY classic Americana. It was fun from all eras; 50’s to present. On the way home, our friend Paul texted us to say that he was almost home safely. After that he fell over a broken wall thing (am not sure, but he assures us that it was not an obvious place for an old cement wall). Anyway, he continued to walk home in order to save face. Once there he realized that it was a very bad injury. He called us the next day and still hadn’t gone to the hospital. He was still bleeding too. Navin, quickly yelled at him and he went. Now he gets to stay in Sri Lanka an extra week b/c the doctor didn’t want him to go back to India yet. His injuries should heal a bit first.

Hmm, what else??? Oh I have been really fervent in my devotions lately. I have also been trying to learn more about other religions. I think you should know what you believe, but ALSO why you don’t believe other things. In order to REALLY know why I don’t believe in Islam I have to first know a bit about it. Well anyway, I think I will do some work now.
Peace and Love
jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home