I WIN

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Will share more later

April 27, 2008

Hello all. Let’s see now…what has been happening to me. Well, work has been a bit slow because of the New Year holiday. Sinhala/Tamil/Hindu New Year is in April. My neighbor lady died. I didn’t go to the funeral, but we went to the daana (d-ahh-na). It is a Buddhist tradition of giving a dinner on behalf of the deceased. The act of giving is a way to help the living over the grief. After that, I had a wedding, so the ladies from the daana came over and dressed me. I love that and I think they loved it too. They did a really nice job. It looked great and people said I did a very nice job walking in it. The wedding was nice but they kept putting off these exploding streamer things. After the first one, I thought I was going into V-fib (ventricular fibrillation…having a heart attack.) Anyway, it appears as though I survived. The whole wedding was in Tamil…I don’t know Tamil well…ok I don’t really know it at all. Oh well. At the reception the food was really really nice. It was my “cousin” that was getting married. He used to work for our Mannar office but now works for a bigger INGO. His brother works in our accounts department. His brother and I fight like brother and sister. He almost pushed me down the stairs the other day. Anyway, one more thing, when leaving a SL wedding you go say congrats to the bride and groom and have your picture taken. All the Y Gro group went together. When leaving, I said my congrats and Udaya (the groom…my cousin) said that I looked really nice…and then I awkwardly said, “Yeah…so do you.” and then seeing his beautiful new wife I put in, “and so do you”. Talk about your all time lame compliments. It was funny in the end but a bit awkward.

Last Saturday I went to the ocean. It was a Poya day so the waves were wicked. I got thrashed by one and fell and scraped my knee up wicked bad. It is healed now though. I however, had to whip out my vet tech knowledge on wound healing because it was a very dirty wound.

We officially opened our 5th dairy village on Friday, Bibaladiniya.

Tonight (Sunday, April 27) my Sunday school class visited an orphanage for boy. I was in charge of the games. It was a lot of fun, but man was it hard to get them to pay attention. We played games and sang some songs and ate ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home