I WIN

Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31, 2007

Well, It’s been about a month. Time for me to write again. The month of April sure went fast…oh man it’s the end of May…I guess I mean the months of April and May went fast. I can’t believe it’s already June basically. Where does the time go??? Well needless to say I’ve been keeping busy. This week I was in the Colombo office all week trying to get some administrative stuff done- project reporting and other paperwork. We are giving a presentation of our work at a GGR/USAID island-wide conference. GGR/USAID is our main donor for the dairy project. We want them to like us. Anyway I was getting that presentation ready and a poster (like a scientific poster) for it too. Last week Dr. Peter Queesenburry came for a visit. He knows uncle Chandran (calling people uncle/aunt here is very common…even if Chandran is my boss) and had visited the project last year. He has worked in Asia for 27 years and wrote the book “Where There is No Animal Doctor”. He came with a younger American friend that he met in Thailand. I was really concerned about having to entertain these people for a whole week in Madampe but it was nice. I was also a bit intimidated by the fact that the dr. is very well known and has a very heavy resume and he was coming to see MY project. A girl with no development background who just graduated college. BUT it went really well and he thinks I am doing a great job. I still have to say that anything that I have been doing has failed…it is only God’s hands at work through me when things succeed.
Hmmm not a whole lot to say most of my time is filled with work. I did however say goodbye to a friend the other day. He went back to America and I will miss him (I know what some of you are thinking and the answer is NO. He was a just brother and friend when I needed one nothing more). Hmmm I got a new roommate. She is the sister of one of my friends that now moved to Australia. She is doing some graduate project at Colombo University and staying until Aug.
Saturday I am going to a play that the Sinhala ministry of Youth for Christ is putting on. One of the boys in our office is in it so I think the Colombo office will all go together. It should be fun. Man I am boring…hmmmmm
Well, I may go river rafting for my birthday. That should be cool. Kitugalla is also good for hiking and overall beautiful scenery. However, I hear that there are leaches, but I know basically how to deal with those. Sort of…
OH YEAH I FORGOT! I am going to Bangladesh June 16-24. I am going there to look at some of the agriculture projects they have there. It should be a good trip. I went yesterday to get my visa. $100 USD!!!!! Crap!!!! But I guess that is what USA charges them for a visa…so its fair. Well I think I am going to go now. I may write more later.
Peace
Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home